Please Note the following Points for your quick reference .
Schedule 1: Nontaxable Use of Fuels
Schedule 2: Sales by Registered Ultimate Vendors
Schedule 3: Certain Fuel Mixtures and the Alternative Fuel Credit
Schedule 5: Section 4081(e) Claims
Schedule 6: Other Claims including the credit claim from Form 2290
Schedule 8: Registered Credit Card Issuers
IRS Tax Form 8849 Schedule 6 can be used for claims not reportable on Schedules 1, 2, 3, 5, and 8, including refunds of excise taxes reported on:
- Form 720, Quarterly Fede
- Form 11-C, Occupational Tax and Registration Return for Wagering; and
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return
- Form 730, Monthly Tax Return for Wagers;
- Do not use Form 8849
- • To make adjustments to liability reported on Form 720 filed for prior quarters. Instead, use Form 720X, Amended Quarterly Federal Excise Tax Return.
- • To claim amounts that you took or will take as a credit on Schedule C (Form 720), Form 730, Form 2290, or Form 4136.